Hey there! Hi! YOO HOO! (I really just like saying YOO HOO! <- see, I did it again)
I wanted to update you…no, I haven’t quite moved to Tumblr yet. I know. And no, Jon Hamm did not show up at my house with hockey tickets, or a trip away, or anything like that. Mr. Lulu did make me scream on Christmas morning LIKE JON HAMM was at the door, when my stocking rang…and inside (buried at the very bottom) was a new iPhone 4s. SIRI! She’s my new BFF.
But this isn’t about Christmas past….No. Or New Years…because that too has come and gone and here we are, ten days into the new year. Only 355 days left to accomplish all I need to accomplish!
Let us start with a list of (and I will put this in big bold letters for dramatic effect) EVERYTHING LULU BEAN WANTS TO ACCOMPLISH IN 2012!!! (if you said it in a big booming voice, you got what I was going for!)
- Clean my sewing closet. I wish I had taken photos of it to post, but um, its an embarrassment. It needs cleaned, purged, reorganized and made all the better. Are baskets REALLY the best way to store fabric if it ends up in piles? I don’t know. Thoughts, dear reader(s)?
- Take three more graduate classes (and then I will have one left in 2013 and I will graduate!)
- Continue to work with the commissions I sit on, without being a poopoo head about it
- Continue to work with my most awesome church and do the most awesome things for the Most Awesome. (She totally deserves capitals!)
- Keep my hubby happy. (Make your hobby, hubby. Keep your hubby happy. When he’s a little chubby. He’s the happy pappy. With Rockenschpeel! Flintstones, anyone…anyone…?) This includes renewing our vows at our 10 year anniversary.
- Redo my screened in porch, which includes painting, replacing wainscotting, cleaning, maybe removing furniture. Why DO we have so much furniture? Again, I’d show pictures, but…it’s scary
- Sew more. Hey! Look at that! A sewing bullet! And by sewing more, I mean, the quilt top for me. A new dress for me. And work harder to better my sewing skills.
- Better my sewing skills (totally deserves its own)
- Learn how to use my serger
It’s going to be an exciting year, this 2012. Iwill do what I always do…get ridiculously busy, freak out, wonder why I do it, enjoy it, and then rinse and repeat. Because that’s what I do. And at 32, I think I’ve become OK with that. I’m not sure Mr. Lulu has…I really don’t think Mr. Lulu is OK with the “freak out” step in all that, but he’s supportive. But I’m sure he’d like to see one of those bullet points “not freak out when I put too much on my plate and can’t deal with it simultaneously.”
So before I leave this posting today, here is the finished quilt I made for my friend April. We are doing a blanket swap. She’s crocheted me a blanket, I quilted her one! It’s so exciting!